Just like many parts of northern Wisconsin, Ashland County has seen considerable damage after heavy rains caused flooding in the area. The damage included power outages, damage to roads and bridges, and more.
On Monday, Ashland County issued an emergency message to county residents advising against traveling within the area due to the severe damage.
The message also contained information about closed and damaged roads and urged locals not to go near the floods. Furthermore, the WI Department of Transportation issued a list of road closures in these counties which the Ashland Daily Press reported on Monday:
* US 2 at Sum Road in Ashland – high water, no official detour
* US 2 at Denomie Creek near Bad River in Odanah – culvert washout, no official detour
* WIS 13 at Trout Brook in North York between Mellen and Ashland – culvert washout, no official detour
* WIS 13 south of Marengo near Brunsweiler Bridge – washout along roadway. Use WIS 77, US 63 and US 53 and US 2 as alternative route.
* WIS 13 at Schwiesow Road between Marengo and White River – road flooded. Use WIS 77, US 63 and US 53 and US 2 as alternative route.
* WIS 13 at Silver Creek in Highbridge between Mellen and Ashland – culvert washout, no official detour
* WIS 137 at Wipperfurth Road in Ashland between Sanborn Avenue and US 2, no official detour
* US 63 at Twentymile Creek near Grand View, north of Drummond – culvert washout, no official detour
* US 63 near Bibon Swamp between Grand View and Mason – water over roadway, no official detour
* Highway E: Closed immediately east of Four Corners Road
* Highway M: Closed from Frells to Garmish roads, Closed from S. Lake Owen Road to Stone Pine
* Highway D: Closed from Loon Saloon to Pioneer Road
* Nicoletti Road – Town of Clover
* Klemik Road – Town of Bell
* Lover’s Lane – Town of Lincoln
* Indian Lake Road – Town of Lincoln
* US 2 is closed between US 51 (Hurley) and Lake Road, east of Odanah in Ashland County. Traffic detoured via WIS 77, WIS 13, WIS 77 and WIS 63.
* WIS 122 is closed north of US 2 at Parker Creek. No official detour posted.
* WIS 122 is closed approximately 3 miles south of US 2. No official detour is posted.
* Iron County A is impassable between WIS 22 and Saxon Harbor. No official detour posted.
* WIS 169 is closed between US 2 and the town of Gurney. No official detour posted.