Residents who live in far north or far south suburbs of Milwaukee County, have new locations to apply for energy assistance. The new sites, bring the total to six Milwaukee County locations to apply for assistance.
“With our two new locations, we are expanding our reach to help thousands more households in Milwaukee County apply for energy assistance,” says Department of Health and Human Services Director Hector Colon.
The Northwest and Greenfield locations are the newest additions. Residents can apply at all locations Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m. – noon
- Northwest – 4906 W Fond du Lac Avenue (Fond du lac and Capitol)
- North – 6918 W Brown Deer Road
- Downtown – 728 N James Lovell Street (7th and Wisconsin)
- West Allis – 6761 W Greenfield Ave
- Southeast – 2701 S Chase Ave (between Lincoln and Oklahoma)
- Greenfield – 5663 S 27th Street
The new locations were part of the launch of the 2016-2017 Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) Season, which kicks off today. WHEAP provides qualified residents with a one-time annual payment for heating and electric bills.
For more information on how to apply, visit.